The CRM market is one of the largest and most competitive markets out there.
In this world, there is something for everyone. Large organizations love Salesforce.com. Open Source groups love vTiger or SugarCRM. Zoho has a large on-demand cult following. Outlook users love Avidian’s Prophet CRM. And then there are the smaller shops who still use Maximizer with Outlook.
When I first did a product tour of Simple Sales Tracking, I actually turned the other cheek because it did not have a plug in for Outlook. As an Infrastructure consultant, almost 100% of my clients still use Outlook or Lotus Notes for corporate email.
I just learned that an Outlook plug-in will be available at the end of April, so I feel this software was worth looking into.
If you want to go Global and International, I also believe in a “Follow the Sun” sales team (and support team!), which means having 3 shifts, or 3 Worldwide offices with CRM time zone support. They can be virtual offices with VoIP as far as I care. As long as I can reach a human voice, I am happy. That being said, your CRM should be on-demand and be available anytime anywhere in the world. Using SSL, of course!
What is it?
Simple Sales Tracking is a web-based service for the tracking, analysis and forecasting of individual and team sales collaboratively.
I haven’t tested this yet, but data is easily download it to your laptop. The outlook plug-in will be good news as it can be synchronized with your Blackberry.
Focus is on Sales
This is the real meat and potatoes:
- Sales Pipeline Management, Including: Associated Contacts, Calendar & Appointments, Notes, Tasks & Documents
- Reports & Forecasting
- Daily Email Message Reminders
- Recurring accounts for ongoing sales. Trust me, it is easier to have clients renew a service than getting a new customer. Your paid customers are the goldmine! Your leads and opportunities are the silver lining.
How much does it cost?
- Limited Account: No cost with no credit card required to sign up. Limited to 50 sales tracked at a time.
- Full Account: $15 per user/month with no setup fee. No hidden costs or contracts. Cancel anytime
If you are more than 2 users and require the Team Collaboration & Sharing components, then you must go with the full paid account, compared to Salesforce.com $65 per user/month.
If you are currently using or considering Maximizer, I highly recommending test driving Simple Sales Tracking first before you make your decision. You can’t go wrong with free or $15 per user per month.
I’ll have another review once the Outlook plug-in is released.