Salesforce.com is branching out into Employee Management as the company announced its new Employee Success Platform, Salesforce for HR, today. Using the same communication and software design principles as for its other platforms, Salesforce for HR transforms employee engagement by delivering personalized experiences to empower employees. It also helps manage the HR function by providing data and insights that HR managers need to attract, manage and retain the most talented workers.
The background behind the Development
Today, companies recognize how consumer technology has shifted employees’ communication expectations: how they connect with each other and consume information. Employees expect engagement, service, convenience and instant access to information and resources they need to be successful. They expect it from their company just as they would from external sources.
“Companies are creating game-changing customer engagement by reimagining what’s possible through the power of cloud, social, mobile and data science technologies,” said Alex Dayon, president of products, Salesforce. “With Salesforce, they can bring the same transformation to their own employees. Salesforce for HR will uniquely enable them to connect with their employees like never before.”
Companies that provide employees with engaging tools like mobile apps not only reap positive employee outcomes, but also positive business and customer outcomes. According to a Forrester report, “The value of a great workforce experience is it leads to positive customer experiences. HR leaders have an opportunity to demonstrate this value by showing that positive workforce experiences create engaged and high performing employees that positively affect customer outcomes.”
Introducing Salesforce’s Employee Success Platform
Built on a foundation of cloud, social, mobile and data science technologies, Salesforce for HR harnesses the power of Salesforce’s Customer Success Platform for employee engagement. Salesforce for HR complements existing HCM and HRMS implementations by delivering a system of engagement that helps companies connect with their employees in a whole new way.
Now, employees are empowered to communicate, collaborate and connect with less friction in getting things done. Every HR leader now has the tools to transform the employee experience with 1:1 engagement, and every executive has the full power of analytics to drive more informed personnel decisions with:
- Employee Journeys: Guide employees on 1:1 journeys—from onboarding to ongoing development—deliver engaging experiences across channels and devices through every phase of the employee lifecycle.
- Employee Communities: Create employee communities that connect colleagues and cultivate a culture of collaboration. Today’s employees expect greater collaboration with colleagues, subject matter experts and leadership across all facets of the company in order to accomplish their job.
- HR Help Desk: Deliver personalized service experiences to employees and empower them to help themselves anytime, anywhere with an HR Help Desk powered by Service Cloud. Provide HR teams with a unified, 360-degree employee view and the intelligence they need to solve employee inquiries quickly and accurately.
- Salesforce HR Analytics: Enable leaders to make smarter talent decisions with increased visibility to key performance and productivity metrics. With a unified view of any data source, leaders can uncover new employee insights and proactively engage their teams from any device.
- Engagement Apps: Build and deploy the mobile apps employees need to be successful, tying into the company’s business processes. Now, employees can be more productive with activities such as recruiting, onboarding, interviewing, training and more, from wherever they are.
In addition, the Salesforce for HR ecosystem, including Appirio, Deloitte, Jobscience, Lumesse, and others, can leverage the Salesforce1 Platform to accelerate how companies transform employee engagement.
Market Place Perspectives
- “St. Joseph Health is using Salesforce to increase engagement and improve productivity for employees at 14 facilities across two states,” said David Baker, VP of IT, St. Joseph Health. “Employees want the conveniences of consumer-inspired mobile and social technologies available to help them do their jobs better. With Salesforce, we can give that to them. It is helping us revolutionize the way we interact and solve problems as a team.”
- “We are excited to deliver TalentObjects on the Salesforce1 Platform because we believe it can be the most powerful platform for workforce engagement in the industry,” said Thomas Volk, CEO, Lumesse. “Our vision for people-centric workforce optimization solutions formed through the eyes of more than 2,400 customers over the past fifteen years is being realized with the help of the most innovative company in the world.”
- Industry experts chime in:
- “You can’t provide a great customer experience without happy, engaged and informed employees, so it’s no surprise that Salesforce’s Customer Success Platform has expanded to better serve the workforce,” said Chris Heineken, SVP of Field Operations, Appirio. “As a Salesforce partner and a company that spends a great deal of time helping HR organizations optimize their systems of engagement, we couldn’t be more excited about Salesforce for HR.”
- “Our clients are seeking technologies to help provide a better user experience associated with HR services delivery,” said Marc Solow, director, Deloitte Consulting LLP and leader of Deloitte’s HR shared services consulting practice. “Deloitte’s Fullforce Solution c*Link offering, that is based on Salesforce, is transforming how our clients are addressing the future of cloud-based HR services delivery.”
Pricing and Availability
Salesforce for HR solutions are generally available today and are built with technologies included across Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Community Cloud, Analytics Cloud and the Salesforce1 Platform.
More info: Salesforce.com
- On-Demand SaaS or On-site CRM? Commercial or Open-Source Software?
- ITIL Foundation v3 Online Training [VIDEO]
- IFS Announces Heightened User Experience for its CRM Solution
- Stock Picks: Taleo, Ultimate Software, Salesforce.com and Omniture
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Beta Coming in September
- Veeva CRM and Mederi Integration Provides New Insights for the Pharma Industry