The new Salesforce1 Mobile App will deliver the most complete, connected and customizable mobile experience in a single app for business users—just as the Facebook mobile app has done for consumers
New Salesforce1 Mobile App will include more than 30 new features that will allow users to sell, service, market and manage any business process from any mobile device
Leading companies have adopted and customized the Salesforce1 Mobile App to connect to their customers in a whole new way
Salesforce.com Launches New Salesforce1 Mobile App—Now Anyone Can Run Their Business From Their Phone
SAN FRANCISCO – Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world’s #1 CRM platform, today launched the new Salesforce1 Mobile App—now anyone can run their business from their phone. The new Salesforce1 Mobile App will deliver the most complete, connected and customizable mobile experience in a single app for business users—just as the Facebook mobile app has done for consumers. The new Salesforce1 Mobile App will include more than 30 new features that will allow users to sell, service, market and manage any business process from any mobile device. Leading companies have adopted and customized the Salesforce1 Mobile App to connect to their customers in a whole new way.
Comments on the News
“The emergence of mobile enterprise applications, which will drive enterprise mobility, create new ways of working, and transform existing business processes will be a major trend in 2014. For organizations that already have a mobility strategy in place, the next phase will be to start mobilizing as many internal processes as possible to allow workers to perform their core tasks (beyond email) from whichever device they have to hand, from wherever they are,” said Richard Absalom, senior analyst, Ovum.
Today, people spend more time on mobile apps than on desktops, according to Comscore. In fact, smartphones are expected to have 70.5 percent of the connected device market share in 2017, according to IDC. While consumer apps dominate the time people spend on their smartphones, it’s a single app, Facebook, that cracked the mobile code. Consumers spend more than 17 percent of their time in Facebook, more than any other mobile app. Facebook has seen unprecedented mobile adoption because it is a platform that is supported by a robust app ecosystem, it is relevant for each individual user and is connected to every user’s social graph. But where are the enterprise apps that deliver the same value to business users?
With The New Salesforce1 Mobile App, Now Anyone Can Run Their Business from Their Phone
Enterprises have been slow to adopt mobile apps because they are hard to build for every mobile device, difficult to customize and challenging to connect to other apps and legacy systems. Now with the new Salesforce1 Mobile App, anyone can run their business from their phone. The new Salesforce1 Mobile App will deliver the most complete and customizable mobile experience in a single app for business users—just as the Facebook mobile app has done for consumers. With the new Salesforce1 Mobile App, employees will now be able to sell, service, market and manage any business process, from any mobile device.
With more than 30 new features in the Salesforce1 Mobile App, users will be able to:
- Sell From Anywhere. The new Salesforce1 Mobile App will give every salesperson direct access to their Reports and Dashboards, easy navigation with the Account and Community Switcher, and provide access to data offline, enabling them to sell to customers anytime, from anywhere.
- Service Customers Everywhere. With new features such as Knowledge, Questions & Answers, and Email and Social Case Actions in the Salesforce1 Mobile App, service agents will be able to provide unparalleled customer service from their mobile devices.
- Market 1:1 to Customers Everywhere. The new Salesforce1 Mobile App will give marketers access their Contacts’ Social Information, Campaign Members, and Marketing Collateral right from their phone to allow them to market 1:1 to customers on every channel.
- Connect with Legacy Apps and Back Office Data. Companies will be able to connect with their back office like never before by integrating third-party apps with new Canvas functionality. New SAP connectors from Informatica and Mulesoft will also allow enterprises to quickly build mobile workflows that integrate mission critical back office data.
- Build and Deploy Custom Business Apps. Companies can also build and deploy custom mobile apps for any business process to help employees get work done directly from their phone.
- Access an Ecosystem of 65+ Partner Apps. Using the new mobile app, users can easily access partner apps such as FinancialForce’s accounting app and Kenandy’s ERP app to get a complete view of their business on the go.
Salesforce1 Mobile App Built for BYOD and Global Deployments
In today’s workplace, where employees bring their device of choice to the office, companies need to be prepared to support all devices and browsers around the globe. The ability to support all mobile devices, browsers and formats is not easy, companies need to meet compliance regulations and they need to move at the speed of innovation. Now, in addition to Apple and Android operating systems, users will be able to access the Salesforce1 Mobile App from any mobile browser, including Blackberry Z10 mobile browser, Good Access Secure mobile browser and Windows 8 browser. In addition, the Salesforce1 Mobile App now delivers notification on Samsung wearables.
Leading Companies Adopt and Customize Salesforce1 Mobile App
Leading companies have adopted and customized the Salesforce1 Mobile App to connect to their customers in a whole new way. Business no longer has to wait until a sales rep is back at their desk to update a deal or for a marketer to return to the office, business can now get done in the moment. For the first time, with the Salesforce1 Mobile App, companies of all sizes have one mobile app to not only complete any business process or action, they have one app to connect with their customers, employees, partners and products. Companies and employees can now customize their own Salesforce1 Mobile App to include any Salesforce app, any app from the Salesforce1 partner ecosystem or any customized app to run their business from their phone.
- Like salesforce.com on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce
- Follow @Salesforce on Twitter
- Get more information on Salesforce1 Mobile App at http://www.salesforce.com/mobile
- Download the Salesforce1 Mobile App from Apple App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/salesforcea/id404249815?ls=1&mt=8
- Download the Salesforce1 Mobile App from Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.salesforce.chatter&hl=en