Zoho Welcomes Google Apps Users to Try Zoho Business Apps
Unified Login Lets Users Access Zoho Using Google Apps Usernames and Passwords
PLEASANTON, California — Zoho today announced that it is inviting Google Apps users to try Zoho’s complementary array of online business applications. To sweeten the invitation, Zoho is extending its unified login, which currently integrates Google and Yahoo! accounts, to now let Google Apps users log into Zoho using the usernames and passwords associated with their Google Apps accounts.
“We believe users should be able to access the applications they want to use, in any combination they choose, regardless of the vendor,” said Raju Vegesna, Zoho evangelist. “We don’t want to force users to move to Zoho. But in some cases, we offer business applications that are not available from other vendors. Wherever we can complement our competitors’ applications and extend users’ online options, we try to do so in the most streamlined, integrated manner possible.”
Extending Google Apps with Zoho
Users can easily log in to Zoho using a Google Apps account:
- On Zoho’s homepage, users will see “Sign in using Google Apps.”
- The user clicks on the link to Google Apps to reach the Google Apps login page and submits his or her username and password.
- After granting permission for Zoho to access the Google Apps account information, the user is directed to Zoho.
No separate login is required for Zoho.
With over one million businesses using Google Apps, the ability to log into Zoho using their existing Google Apps accounts gives those users direct, single sign-on access to all Zoho applications, including Zoho business applications such as Zoho CRM, Zoho Meeting, Zoho Creator, Zoho Invoice, Zoho Projects, Zoho Reports, Zoho People, Zoho Business and Zoho Marketplace. As most Zoho business applications have a free version, users can expand the number of online business applications they use without increasing their costs.
For more information on Zoho, please visit www.zoho.com. To get breaking Zoho news, please visit and subscribe to the RSS feed at http://blogs.zoho.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @zoho.
Zoho news releases: http://www.zoho.com/in-the-news.html
Zoho product videos: http://www.zoho.com/product_videos.html
Zoho general videos: http://www.zoho.com/videos.html
Zoho blogs: http://blogs.zoho.com/
Zoho is a comprehensive suite of award-winning on-line business applications. Customers use Zoho to run their business processes, manage their information and be more productive while at the office or on the go, without having to worry about expensive or outdated hardware or software. To date, Zoho has launched 19 different applications—from CRM to Mail, Reports, and Wikis. Zoho has received numerous awards, including a 2009 Webware 100 Award, a 2008 PC World “25 Most Innovative Products Award” and a 2007 TechCrunch “Best Enterprise Start-up.”
Zoho is a division of ZOHO Corp., a privately-held and profitable company. With headquarters in Pleasanton, CA and offices in Austin, New Jersey, London, Tokyo and Beijing, ZOHO Corp. serves the technology needs of more than 40,000 customers worldwide. For more information about Zoho, please visit http://www.zoho.com/.
Related Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- From Big G to Little Z: Google Apps vs Zoho Office Suite
- OpenID and OAuth in the News
- Zoho CRM offers Single Sign On (SSO)
- Zoho CRM Enterprise vs. Salesforce and Google Apps – What’s Next?
- Unified Login with Zoho and Google or Yahoo
Recent Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- London Cloud World Forum, June 26-27 2013
- The Kenton Group and Pbxwall Partner to Fight Toll Fraud in the UK
- Salesforce.com Signs Agreement to Establish European Data Centre in the U.K. in 2014
- Salesforce.com Launches Salesforce Communities – Ending the Era of Legacy Portal Software
- Salesforce.com Announces Euro 5 Million Innovation Challenge for European Start-ups Building on the Salesforce Platform
- Do you Remember Dreamforce Bands and Speakers?
- What is the Information Technology Infrastructure Library? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- HootSuite Boosts Social Media Management System with Premium Salesforce.com, Statigram and YouTube Apps
- The Impact of Cloud Technologies on IT Service Management (ITSM)
- CRM Top Priority for IT Spending in 2013-2014 for Enterprise Applications