As we become more dependent on our browser from SAAS and cloud computing, the importance of of anti-spyware and malware threats cannot be more emphasized.
Several years ago, I used Webroot’s anti-spyware software as they were one of the first to market an anti-spyware product in this heavily competitive market.
Today, chances are you are using Symantec “Norton” Utilities or McAfee Antivirus with Anti-spyware, both based in Silicon Valley, Ca. Or, perhaps you are using Trend Micro or even Kaspersky?
Enter Webroot, a Colorado based company competing against the heavy hitters. Not only does their product protect you at the desktop level, it also protects you from citrix and terminal services environments, something a lot of companies fail to do.
So unless you are running a full blown implementation of Cisco’s Network Admission Control (NAC), this press release may be of interest to you.
Webroot Releases Next Generation Webroot Web Security SaaS to Protect Organizations from Increasing Web-Borne Malware Threats
First and Only SaaS Security Solution to Leverage Aware-Winning Webroot AntiSpyware Technology, Support Citrix and Terminal Services Environments, and Scan Web Traffic Accessed Via Anonymizers and Proxy Bypass Sites
BOULDER, Colo., — Webroot, a leading security provider for the consumer, enterprise and SMB markets, today announced the latest release of Webroot(R) Web Security SaaS to further protect organizations around the world from the rapidly increasing amount of Web-borne threats.
Web-borne malware increased more than 500 percent last year alone as cybercriminals developed new attack vectors like personal Webmail accounts, social networking sites, trusted websites and other Web 2.0 applications. According to Webroot research, up to 85 percent of all malware is now distributed via the Web, making these threats more pervasive than those delivered by e-mail, the traditional attack vector.
Since only a small percentage of all businesses currently filter Web content for malware, this shift in malware attack vectors underscores the importance of Web security solutions that can provide an additional layer of protection for corporate and mobile users.
The new version of the service includes new features to further protect against malware, spyware, data loss and legal liability. The service is now the first and only Web Security SaaS offering in the market today that includes award-winning Webroot AntiSpyware technology, enforcement of web policies in Citrix and Terminal Services environments, and scanning and policy enforcement for Web content accessed via anonymizers and proxy bypass sites.
“Organizations around the world are quickly realizing that Web security delivered as a service is not only more effective at keeping the latest threats out of their networks, but also delivers reduced total cost of ownership in an easy to deploy and manage package — and without the need for additional hardware or software,” said Peter Watkins, CEO, Webroot. “In today’s business environment, where increasing threats and tight security budgets are the reality, Web security delivered via a SaaS model is an easy way to manage risk while reducing costs.”
Unlike traditional on-premise solutions, Webroot Web Security SaaS is a comprehensive solution that provides virus, malware and spyware protection combined with powerful end-user management capabilities to protect against threats in real time while enforcing Internet usage policies for corporate and mobile users. It is a complete solution, delivered as a service that can add to, or complement, a company’s existing security infrastructure without requiring costly hardware or software. Because companies only buy what they need, and the implementation time is quick, the time to return on investment is short.
Some of the features included in the new release are:
- Integration of Webroot AntiSpyware, powered by Spy Sweeper(R) technology
- the same industry leading antispyware engine that secures over 10 million Webroot consumer and enterprise desktop customers worldwide – to create the only security SaaS solution to include a separate engine to block web based spyware attacks
- Complete support for threat detection and policy enforcement within Citrix and Terminal Services environments
- Scanning, blocking and application of policies to Web pages accessed via anonymizers and proxy bypass sites — used primarily today to circumvent traditional Web security solutions
- ScanAhead search results — Online search engine results are color coded and displayed according to URL category, existence of malware threats and individual user access policies for safe surfing
- Enhanced reporting — Increased reporting capabilities for greater visibility into individual and group level internet usage as well as saved and scheduled reporting for on demand reports
- Web content download acceleration — New technologies designed to reduce web page load times, accelerate content download speeds and decrease overall bandwidth usage.
All services are implemented ‘in the cloud’, are easy to deploy, and can be purchased as separate modules or as a comprehensive Web security solution. The services can also be extended to remote users, require no additional hardware or software, and are backed by a global company with a history of providing innovative security solutions. All Webroot Security SaaS solutions include complete 24×7 Web, e-mail and phone based support and ongoing service upgrades.
Webroot, a Boulder, Colorado-based company provides industry-leading security solutions to consumers, enterprises and small to medium-sized businesses worldwide. For more information visit http://www.webroot.com/ or call 800.772.9383.