Watch out Apple iPad, the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet is Coming!
First, expect to buy BlackBerry PlayBook in the United States by early 2011.
The BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet, with it’s BlackBerry Tablet OS, promises fast web browsing, true multitasking, high performance multimedia, advanced security features, out-of-the-box enterprise support and a new development platform for IT departments and developers.
The biggest question is screen size.
We have the iPhone and other smartphones (screen size: 3.5 inches), the Dell Streak with Google’s Android OS (5 inches) and the iPad (9.7 inches).
Samsung’s new Galaxy, also with a touch screen that measures 7 inches diagonally, will be released in late October or early November.
BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Features
Measuring less than half an inch thick and weighing less than a pound, the BlackBerry PlayBook features a 7” high resolution powered by 1 GHz dual-core processor and the new BlackBerry Tablet OS. See some key features below.
• 7” LCD, 1024 x 600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch and gesture support
• BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
• 1 GHz dual-core processor
• 1 GB RAM
• Dual HD cameras (3 MP front facing, 5 MP rear facing), supports 1080p HD video recording
• Video playback: 1080p HD Video, H.264, MPEG, DivX, WMV
• Audio playback: MP3, AAC, WMA
• HDMI video output
• Wi-Fi – 802.11 a/b/g/n
• Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
• Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB, charging contacts
• Open, flexible application platform with support for WebKit/HTML-5, Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Adobe Mobile AIR, Adobe Reader, POSIX, OpenGL, Java
Here is the video on YouTube:
Full details from their press release.
Related Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- 1984 Apple Macintosh SuperBowl Commercial
- Watch out Google Docs – Microsoft SkyDrive is Coming
- ITIL Online Foundation Training [VIDEO]
- ITIL V3 Introduction with ITSMSolutions.com
- PipelineDeals Launches Mobile CRM Solution for the Apple iPhone
Recent Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- London Cloud World Forum, June 26-27 2013
- The Kenton Group and Pbxwall Partner to Fight Toll Fraud in the UK
- Salesforce.com Signs Agreement to Establish European Data Centre in the U.K. in 2014
- Salesforce.com Launches Salesforce Communities – Ending the Era of Legacy Portal Software
- Salesforce.com Announces Euro 5 Million Innovation Challenge for European Start-ups Building on the Salesforce Platform
- Do you Remember Dreamforce Bands and Speakers?
- What is the Information Technology Infrastructure Library? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- HootSuite Boosts Social Media Management System with Premium Salesforce.com, Statigram and YouTube Apps
- The Impact of Cloud Technologies on IT Service Management (ITSM)
- CRM Top Priority for IT Spending in 2013-2014 for Enterprise Applications