First, expect to buy BlackBerry PlayBook in the United States by early 2011.
The BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet, with it’s BlackBerry Tablet OS, promises fast web browsing, true multitasking, high performance multimedia, advanced security features, out-of-the-box enterprise support and a new development platform for IT departments and developers.
The biggest question is screen size.
We have the iPhone and other smartphones (screen size: 3.5 inches), the Dell Streak with Google’s Android OS (5 inches) and the iPad (9.7 inches).
Samsung’s new Galaxy, also with a touch screen that measures 7 inches diagonally, will be released in late October or early November.
BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Features
Measuring less than half an inch thick and weighing less than a pound, the BlackBerry PlayBook features a 7” high resolution powered by 1 GHz dual-core processor and the new BlackBerry Tablet OS. See some key features below.
• 7” LCD, 1024 x 600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch and gesture support
• BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
• 1 GHz dual-core processor
• 1 GB RAM
• Dual HD cameras (3 MP front facing, 5 MP rear facing), supports 1080p HD video recording
• Video playback: 1080p HD Video, H.264, MPEG, DivX, WMV
• Audio playback: MP3, AAC, WMA
• HDMI video output
• Wi-Fi – 802.11 a/b/g/n
• Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
• Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB, charging contacts
• Open, flexible application platform with support for WebKit/HTML-5, Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Adobe Mobile AIR, Adobe Reader, POSIX, OpenGL, Java
Here is the video on YouTube:
Full details from their press release.