Veeva Announces Seamless Integration With Concur
Pre-built Integration using Concur Connect Platform Delivers Single Entry, Compliant Expense Reporting
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Veeva Systems introduces a new integration between Concur’s expense reporting system and Veeva CRM. Now, pharmaceutical sales representatives can simplify and streamline expense reporting using Veeva CRM as the single point of entry for call related expenses — a significant advantage considering the fact that most reps spend more than 70% of their time traveling for meetings with doctors across ever-growing territories. With such extensive travel and entertainment in a highly regulated industry, managing expenses and allocating each expense line item accurately is not only a huge administrative burden, but also a regulatory risk.
Concur’s cloud-based travel and expense management solution — used extensively within the pharmaceutical industry — enables reps to create, review and approve expense reports, as well as book and change travel itineraries. However, up until now, users had to do "double entry" — once in their CRM system and then again in their expense reporting system. With the new integration between Veeva CRM and Concur, users instead simply complete their call activity in Veeva CRM, and transactions flow seamlessly into Concur. Veeva’s latest product release also accurately aligns incurred expenses with the appropriate customer, simplifying compliance with Sunshine Act requirements.
"With the Concur Connect Platform, it’s quick and easy for application providers like Veeva to integrate their systems directly into Concur, yielding advantages for both the customer and the individual user," added Barry Padgett, EVP, Concur Connect Platform services at Concur. "Reps love the fact that they no longer have to do double entry and managers appreciate the efficiency. It’s a perfect example of the power of cloud computing and a smart marriage of two well-developed applications."
Brian Longo, senior director, Product Management, concluded "we are always looking for innovative ways to simplify our end user’s experience and reduce administrative tasks. The integration of Concur’s popular expense reporting application is a great way to leverage the strengths of both systems to enhance sales force effectiveness and operational efficiency."
Concur is a leading provider of integrated travel and expense management solutions. Concur’s easy-to-use Web-based and mobile solutions help companies and their employees control costs and save time. Concur’s systems adapt to individual employee preferences and scale to meet the needs of companies from small to large.
About Veeva Systems
Veeva Systems is the leader in cloud-based business solutions for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence and customer success, Veeva has over 100 customers, ranging from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Founded in 2007, Veeva is a privately held company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with offices in Philadelphia, Barcelona, Paris, Beijing, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit www.veevasystems.com .
Related Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- Veeva CRM and Mederi Integration Provides New Insights for the Pharma Industry
- Concur: Acquires TripIt, and JV with SunBridge, Salesforce.com
- Verticals onDemand Changes Name to Veeva Systems
- Veeva Systems Hosts Largest Pharma SaaS CRM Gathering
- Veeva Systems Selected by One of the World’s Largest Pharmaceutical Companies for U.S. CRM Deployment
Recent Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- London Cloud World Forum, June 26-27 2013
- The Kenton Group and Pbxwall Partner to Fight Toll Fraud in the UK
- Salesforce.com Signs Agreement to Establish European Data Centre in the U.K. in 2014
- Salesforce.com Launches Salesforce Communities – Ending the Era of Legacy Portal Software
- Salesforce.com Announces Euro 5 Million Innovation Challenge for European Start-ups Building on the Salesforce Platform
- Do you Remember Dreamforce Bands and Speakers?
- What is the Information Technology Infrastructure Library? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- HootSuite Boosts Social Media Management System with Premium Salesforce.com, Statigram and YouTube Apps
- The Impact of Cloud Technologies on IT Service Management (ITSM)
- CRM Top Priority for IT Spending in 2013-2014 for Enterprise Applications