Unified Login with Zoho and Google or Yahoo
Frustrated with multiple passwords or mixing up your credentials? Wish you had a unified login?
Last Wednesday, Zoho made it possible for users to log in with their Google or Yahoo accounts, hoping to increase subscribers by riding the wave on 2 out of the 3 the Internet email giants. Definitely a case of David and Goliath.
Now you can log in to Zoho using Google or Yahoo credentials in order to collaborate on documents created by a Zoho user.
Zoho, with an online office productivity suite among other services, said users with a Zoho account that also uses a Google or Yahoo e-mail address would automatically be logged in to Zoho when they connect. Of course, you have the option to deselect this association.
Additionally, you can now import Google or Yahoo contact lists to Zoho.
The irony is Google also offers their own online productivity suite called Google Docs. If you just wanted office collaboration, then Google is the way to go. Zoho’s advantage is their other products and services, such as CRM, HR, and Invoicing.
The collaboration is one way, of course. People using Zoho and Google Docs will not be able to move documents directly between them. However, the login feature does make it possible for a Google or Yahoo email user logging into Zoho to view and collaborate on documents created by a Zoho user.
Zoho executive Raju Vegesna quoted in the company’s blog, “We obviously want many users to try out and use our applications,”
With a clean crisp look, Zoho is hoping people who use their site will prefer its services to competitors.
Like Google Docs, Zoho offers its productivity software at no charge. However, it also sells it’s on-demand CRM software by subscription. Zoho’s Personal Edition is free, with the Professional Edition at $12 per user per month, and an Enterprise Edition for $25 per user per month.
Related Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- Zoho Welcomes Google Apps Users to Try Zoho Business Apps
- OpenID and OAuth in the News
- Zoho CRM offers Single Sign On (SSO)
- From Big G to Little Z: Google Apps vs Zoho Office Suite
- Zoho Chat 2.0 Debuts Multi-Protocol Chat
Recent Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- London Cloud World Forum, June 26-27 2013
- The Kenton Group and Pbxwall Partner to Fight Toll Fraud in the UK
- Salesforce.com Signs Agreement to Establish European Data Centre in the U.K. in 2014
- Salesforce.com Launches Salesforce Communities – Ending the Era of Legacy Portal Software
- Salesforce.com Announces Euro 5 Million Innovation Challenge for European Start-ups Building on the Salesforce Platform
- Do you Remember Dreamforce Bands and Speakers?
- What is the Information Technology Infrastructure Library? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- HootSuite Boosts Social Media Management System with Premium Salesforce.com, Statigram and YouTube Apps
- The Impact of Cloud Technologies on IT Service Management (ITSM)
- CRM Top Priority for IT Spending in 2013-2014 for Enterprise Applications