NEW YORK — CLOUDFORCE 2011 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, today unveiled the Radian6 Social Marketing Cloud. The Radian6 Social Marketing Cloud extends the social enterprise to marketing with new features in social monitoring, insights, engagement, workflow and websites. Together these innovations will let companies turn millions of social conversations about their products, brand and industry into dynamic engagements that strengthen customer relationships.
Comments on the News:
- "Social media is the single biggest change in marketing in the last decade. Social enterprises recognize that social media provides real-time opportunities to delight customers and prospects. The Radian6 Social Marketing Cloud will enable every company to be at the forefront of this exciting industry shift," said Marcel LeBrun, SVP and GM for Salesforce Radian6.
- "GNC’s social enterprise vision is to delight customers all along their journey to adopting a healthy lifestyle," said Chris James, director of social media, GNC. "The Social Marketing Cloud allows us to engage with consumers on a completely new level and create relationships long before a customer walks into a GNC store."
The Radian6 Social Marketing Cloud – Marketing for the Social Enterprise
There are millions of Facebook updates, tweets, and billions of YouTube views every day. These social media conversations are about companies’ brands, products, and industries and it’s virtually impossible for companies to scale to monitor and engage effectively. The Radian6 Social Marketing Cloud will help social enterprises transform the massive volume of social media conversations into meaningful engagements. Just as salesforce.com transformed how companies sell and service their customers, the company is now revolutionizing how businesses market in the social era.
The Radian6 Social Marketing Cloud allows marketers to adapt to the new world of social marketing through these five key pillars:
- Social Monitoring: Managing Millions of Social Conversations – Radian6’s unique technology enables companies to monitor on a social scale by capturing 150 million sources of social media conversations across the web including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, blogs, online communities and more. Also, Radian6 now supports a total of 17 languages, with the addition of Turkish and Polish.
- Social Insights: Leveraging Social Media Intelligence – The massive volume of social media conversations generated by consumers can be overwhelming to an organization, but overlooking a tweet from a prospective customer could result in loss of sales. New Radian6 Social Insights provide intelligent dashboards and sophisticated analytics to filter through the noise, identify relevant conversations and perform marketing campaign analysis. Now including third-party providers such as Klout, OpenAmplify and OpenCalais, Social Insights provides an additional level of information like demographics, influence, geolocation, sentiment and topic categorization to conversations. This level of intelligence allows marketers to understand the impact of a campaign and have the flexibility to respond to customer sentiment and reaction in real-time.
- Social Engagement: Connecting with Customers and Prospects – The Radian6 Social Engagement Console now enables companies to engage with customers directly where the conversation is taking place — whether on Twitter, Facebook or other social channels. The Social Engagement Console also brings in third-party data to provide a comprehensive view of social conversations. New add-ons include the ability to see Trending Topics from Twitter, Bit.ly statistics to determine the reach of shared links and more. In addition, Radian6 is now natively integrated with Salesforce, across the full suite of Salesforce apps and platform.
- Social Workflow: Delivering Millions of Social Conversations Across the Enterprise – With the launch of Radian6 Social Hub companies will be able to organize massive amounts of social media conversations by applying sophisticated analysis and rules. These action streams can automatically route relevant social content for quick engagement and response. In addition, Social Hub now populates social customer profiles, helping marketers create relevant campaigns based on what the consumer likes.
- Social Websites: Empowering Marketers to Move at the Speed of Social – Siteforce empowers marketing organizations to move at the speed of social and quickly and easily build socially rich websites to engage with customers and prospects. Using a powerful drag and drop studio, marketers can build, edit and publish pixel perfect websites, without any help from IT. Siteforce uses a powerful and flexible content management system, allowing companies to better engage with customers and prospects by adding social features like Twitter streams, Facebook likes and more.
The Radian6 Social Marketing Cloud
Founded in 2006, Radian6 was created with the idea that companies need to monitor the social web in order to effectively join conversations with customers and prospects. Radian6 captures hundreds of millions of conversations every day across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, blogs and online communities, and provides actionable insights in real-time. Today, Radian6 is changing the face of marketing with the introduction of the Radian6 Social Marketing Cloud. As many companies adopt social media to engage with their customers, Radian6’s customer base is rapidly expanding. More than 2,500 companies, including leading global brands like AAA, Activision, GE, GEICO, GNC, PepsiCo, Pizza Hut, Southwest Airlines, UPS and more than half of the FORTUNE 100, now use Radian6.
Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce Radian6 is generally available today for customers, starting at $600 USD per deployment, per month.
- Radian6 Social Hub is available today in a limited release and is currently scheduled to be generally available in early 2012. Pricing for the Social Hub will start at $1,200 USD per deployment, per month.
- Radian6 Social Insights is currently scheduled to be generally available in December 2011 and the API is generally available today. The Social Insights partner solutions are priced individually, starting at $60 USD per month and the API starts at $5,000 USD per deployment, per year.
- Siteforce is generally available today. Siteforce charges per site and per website developer user. Through the end of 2011, companies will be able to get started with one site, two contributor users and two publisher users for $9,900 USD per year. Siteforce can be purchased stand-alone or added to existing salesforce.com installations.
- Customers who purchase salesforce.com technologies should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the social enterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business.