Salesforce.com and BMC Software Transform IT Management With Launch of RemedyForce
RemedyForce, a new strategic cloud offering from both companies combines the strengths of two market leaders
RemedyForce gives customers access to a simple, fast IT service management solution to streamline IT support processes and reduce costs – delivered completely in the cloud
Companies expand strategic alliance to develop, market, and sell RemedyForce offering
SAN FRANCISCO — Dreamforce 2010 — Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing company, and BMC Software, (Nasdaq: BMC) the leader in IT management, today announced RemedyForce, a new cloud offering built on Force.com, salesforce.com’s enterprise cloud computing platform. RemedyForce is a new strategic cloud offering from both companies that combines the strengths of two market leaders. The RemedyForce solutions will provide businesses a simple and fast path to transform how they think about IT service management and provide tangible results such as streamlined IT support processes and reduced costs.
RemedyForce is the next phase of a strategic alliance between the two companies to develop, market, and sell cloud-based IT management. The announcement will be introduced by Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO of salesforce.com and Bob Beauchamp, chairman and CEO of BMC Software, as part of a keynote presentation at Dreamforce 2010, the industry cloud computing event.
"IT service management customers now have a cloud to address their needs," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "As the next major Salesforce cloud offering, we expect RemedyForce will drive cloud computing success throughout the IT departments at businesses of all sizes."
"RemedyForce provides an impressive new group of companies the opportunity to access the power of BMC’s IT Service Management solutions as well as strengthens the core offering available to our own customers. The result provides businesses new ways to get more out of their IT investment," said Bob Beauchamp, chairman and CEO, BMC Software. "This is the best of both worlds – cutting edge delivery of proven solutions – that will accelerate customer success and the evolution of both the cloud computing and IT management markets."
Based on the proven, successful partnership between salesforce.com and BMC Software, RemedyForce adds a new offering to salesforce.com’s current cloud services which includes the Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, the Salesforce Chatter Collaboration Cloud, the Jigsaw Data Cloud, the Force.com Platform Cloud and Database.com. Similarly, RemedyForce joins the BMC family of leading IT service management products including BMC Remedy IT Service Management Suite and BMC Remedy OnDemand. With this move the two companies add significant value to customers through unsurpassed IT management capabilities.
BMC’s market leading IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions, along with other elements of the BMC portfolio provide the core functionality for RemedyForce. At the heart of Remedy Force is IT service desk, formerly Service Desk on Force.com, that brings together a broad set of IT service management capabilities with the proven Force.com enterprise cloud platform. The resulting solution is an easy-to-use IT service management suite with optimized performance capabilities for cloud-customers providing consolidated service desk capabilities.
Key features include:
- An easy-to-use IT service management suite optimized for salesforce.com and BMC customers that integrates core service desk capabilities with change management, knowledge management, and problem management applications;
- True service management, including a configuration management database to provide the required "single source of truth";
- Streamlined implementation on the Force.com platform and salesforce.com’s trusted global service delivery infrastructure;
- Real-time collaboration using Salesforce Chatter;
- Mobile access, reporting, and analytics.
By building BMC solutions on Force.com’s robust multi-tenant cloud development and delivery platform, customers now have a comprehensive and integrated approach to service management, that is optimized for the Force.com platform and ecosystem. Customers using BMC’s ITSM solutions report:
- A 40 percent decrease in support costs;
- Resolution of 75 percent of issues on the first call;
- Tens of millions of dollars in ongoing operational savings.
With RemedyForce, customers can take advantage of over 20 years of service management leadership and a proven, trusted cloud delivery infrastructure, and the simplicity of a standardized cloud application. BMC and salesforce.com will support RemedyForce with joint sales, marketing, product certification, and implementation programs. RemedyForce will be sold by both companies’ sales teams and partners, unlocking new business opportunities as they sell to customers looking for a proven solution with best of breed capabilities delivered by established industry leaders.
"Safe harbor" statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: This press release contains forward-looking statements about the expected release of the RemedyForce Cloud and the expected expansion of the two companies’ strategic alliance to market and sell the RemedyForce Cloud applications. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements involve assumptions, risks and uncertainties. If such assumptions prove incorrect or such risks or uncertainty materializes, the results could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements made above. Further information on these and other factors that could affect the companies’ results is included in the reports on Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K and in other filings they make with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time. These documents are available on the SEC website and the investor information areas of the companies’ websites. Salesforce.com and BMC Software assume no obligation and do not intend to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
Business runs on IT. IT runs on BMC Software.
Business thrives when IT runs smarter, faster and stronger. That’s why the most demanding IT organizations in the world rely on BMC Software across distributed, mainframe, virtual and cloud environments. Recognized as the leader in Business Service Management, BMC offers a comprehensive approach and unified platform that helps IT organizations cut cost, reduce risk and drive business profit. For the four fiscal quarters ended September 30, 2010, BMC revenue was approximately $1.96 billion. Visit www.bmc.com for more information.
Salesforce.com is the trusted enterprise cloud computing company. Based on salesforce.com’s real-time, multitenant architecture, the company’s Force.com platform and apps (http://www.salesforce.com/crm) have revolutionized the way companies collaborate and communicate. Salesforce.com’s cloud offerings include:
- The Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- The Service Cloud, for customer service and support
- The Jigsaw Data Cloud, for ensuring data integrity and quality
- Salesforce Chatter, for social collaboration
- The Force.com platform, for custom application development
- Database.com, the world’s first enterprise cloud database
- The AppExchange, the world’s leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing apps
Salesforce.com offers the fastest path to customer success with cloud computing. As of October 31, 2010, salesforce.com manages customer information for approximately 87,200 customers including Allianz Commercial, Dell, Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and SunTrust Banks.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements may not be currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce in the United Kingdom and other countries.
Related Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- BMC Remedyforce Exceeds 100 Customers in 300 Days
- Pure360 Launch CRM Integration With MS Dynamics and Salesforce
- Salesforce.com Announces Cloudforce New York, the Largest Social Enterprise Event on the East Coast
- Salesforce Business App Bootcamp, January 29, 2013
- VIDEO Introducing Service Cloud 2 with Salesforce.com
Recent Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- London Cloud World Forum, June 26-27 2013
- The Kenton Group and Pbxwall Partner to Fight Toll Fraud in the UK
- Salesforce.com Signs Agreement to Establish European Data Centre in the U.K. in 2014
- Salesforce.com Launches Salesforce Communities – Ending the Era of Legacy Portal Software
- Salesforce.com Announces Euro 5 Million Innovation Challenge for European Start-ups Building on the Salesforce Platform
- Do you Remember Dreamforce Bands and Speakers?
- What is the Information Technology Infrastructure Library? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- HootSuite Boosts Social Media Management System with Premium Salesforce.com, Statigram and YouTube Apps
- The Impact of Cloud Technologies on IT Service Management (ITSM)
- CRM Top Priority for IT Spending in 2013-2014 for Enterprise Applications