Sage Launches ERP Gap Analysis Checklist For New Financial Year
The benefits of conducting an ERP ‘Gap Analysis’ in the new financial year can help define best practice, optimize activity and allow control to be taken over all business processes.
Sydney — Sage, a leading global supplier of business management software, has today launched an ERP Gap Analysis Checklist, to help companies maximize business opportunities in the new financial year.
Today’s competitive marketplace means many medium sized businesses need to constantly monitor and evaluate their work processes and IT solutions to ensure they meet their business objectives without impeding their own productivity, profitability and growth.
Sage’s ERP ‘Gap Analysis’ will help organizations to highlight the processes and systems that are not performing effectively. These can include: meeting regulatory requirements, streamlining operations to further improve productivity and profitability, improving decision-making capabilities, enhancing collaboration with business partners, adapting and scaling the business, and growing business globally.
“The benefits of conducting an ERP ‘Gap Analysis’ in the new financial year can help define best practice, optimize activity and allow control to be taken over all business processes. Automating these processes can improve the accuracy of the information produced, accelerate data flow and streamline day-to-day activities thereby increasing productivity and profitability,” said Mike Lorge, Managing Director, Sage Business Solutions.
ERP ‘Gap Analysis’ Checklist
Sage’s checklist determines your exiting processes and technology solution’s ability to meet your current requirements. It includes questions about:
1. Do you need to comply with government regulations?
Does your existing technology integrate the capabilities necessary to improve the organization’s regulatory compliance, including the need for: lot traceability; audit trails; digital electronic signatures; quality control; document signatures and security and workflow controls and transparency.
2. Do you need to streamline your operations to improve productivity and profitability?
By automating business processes, which in turn improves accuracy of information and accelerates data flow, an ERP system can help your company streamline day-to-day tasks and free up staff to focus on more complex issues that require more personalized attention. As a result you can improve productivity and dramatically reduce operating and overhead costs. Your ERP should offer benefits that include:
- A fully integrated set of applications: a system that integrates capabilities from front-end customer-relationship management to back-end financial analytics and business intelligence enabling you to focus on decision making and doing business rather than focusing on the IT infrastructure required to keep disparate applications running and communicating.
- A common repository – this is where all the data required by all of your applications and processes is kept giving your employees access to the information they need when they need it making for greater efficiency.
- Process orientation – this enables processes to be evolved naturally over time rather than orientated to discrete tasks.
3. Do you need to enhance your decision-making capabilities?
Implementing ERP software that integrates all your information and processes into one coherent environment is a first and major step towards improved decision making. Does your current ERP offer critical BI capabilities including integrated BI, integrated CRM, enhanced visibility, easy-to-use, reporting, and security?
4. Do you need to collaborate with partners?
As market conditions fluctuate and competitive pressures increase, you may need to team with multiple geographic partners and rely on contract manufacturing and third-party logistics providers. Do your existing IT systems support collaboration with partners? Do they have capabilities that include: a web-native platform, automated workflows, Web 2.0 capabilities and security?
5. Do your processes and systems adapt and scale with your business?
Are your technology solutions flexible? Are they scalable so they support your business today, but can accommodate your needs and requirements in the future. They should have configurable workflows, multi-site support and customization features.
6. Are you planning to grow your business globally?
If you plan to operate your business outside Australia, will your systems support international operations including: global currencies, multiple languages and global regulatory requirements?
“Whilst every business is different, we believe that the Sage Gap Analysis Checklist can help you identify key issues your business may face, and determine whether the systems and technology in place, have the capabilities to meet your current and future needs. It can be performed either by management internally or by hiring an ERP consultant to perform an in-depth evaluation of current workplace systems and IT solutions and their effectiveness in meeting the company’s strategic goals,” said Lorge.
About Sage Business Solutions
Sage Business Solutions is a leader in mid-market business software offering true freedom of choice with an end-to-end suite of world-class ERP and CRM solutions. Designed for businesses of all shapes and sizes, we don’t believe in a one-size fits all kind of business solution. We can provide small, midsized and larger businesses with a comprehensive, integrated and complete solution that is uniquely tailored to their needs and requirements. Sage Business Solutions has offices and representatives in Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland, and more than 140 business partners throughout the Australia / New Zealand / Pacific Island region. For further information, visit: http://www.sagebusiness.com.au
Related Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- More Businesses should be using Social Media to Connect with their Customers
- Sage Enhances Mid-Market Portfolio with Launch of Sage 200 v2011
- Sage Adds Online Payment Processing Connected Service to ERP
- Sage Announces CRM Cloud Computing Initiatives
- App-DNA offers free Windows 7 Application Migration Checklist
Recent Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- London Cloud World Forum, June 26-27 2013
- The Kenton Group and Pbxwall Partner to Fight Toll Fraud in the UK
- Salesforce.com Signs Agreement to Establish European Data Centre in the U.K. in 2014
- Salesforce.com Launches Salesforce Communities – Ending the Era of Legacy Portal Software
- Salesforce.com Announces Euro 5 Million Innovation Challenge for European Start-ups Building on the Salesforce Platform
- Do you Remember Dreamforce Bands and Speakers?
- What is the Information Technology Infrastructure Library? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- HootSuite Boosts Social Media Management System with Premium Salesforce.com, Statigram and YouTube Apps
- The Impact of Cloud Technologies on IT Service Management (ITSM)
- CRM Top Priority for IT Spending in 2013-2014 for Enterprise Applications