LiveTime Ships New ITIL Service Desk Hardware Appliance
New IT Service Desk appliance available with Dual Quad Core processors from AMD, Intel, and LiveTime Service Manager 5.5. Includes 128-bit ZFS file system support, plus embedded MySQL Enterprise and PostgreSQL.
Newport Beach, CA – LiveTime Software, a leading provider of ITIL based Web 2.0 Service Management and Help Desk Software, today announced the general availability of LiveTime’s Hardware Appliance v5.5. This hardware is based around Sun Microsystems Sun Fire x4140 (AMD) and x4150 (Intel) Quad core processors and LiveTime 5.5 with ZFS, MySQL Enterprise and PostgreSQL.
LiveTime has been able to leverage the key advantages of the 128 bit ZFS file system for its service management product line to provide additional data integrity for its embedded Configuration Management System (CMS), Knowledge Base and Request Management processes. This not only provides customers with greater assurance, but also provides significant performance improvements in sequential reading and writing using the embedded MySQL or PostgreSQL databases.
Performance testing against tuned versions of MySQL Enterprise 5.1 and PostgreSQL 8.3 achieved over 30% more transactions than previous editions. LiveTime was able to achieve more than 30,000 read write requests per second on the x4150 Dual Quad Core appliance with RAID 5 and ZFS. Results were attained using SysBench 0.4.10.
These new appliances also benefit from the new additions in LiveTime 5.5 such as streamlined request management and the automation of common requests and change management procedures. Most notably, customers can now raise requests through the customer portal in as little as 2 clicks. LiveTime 5.5 introduces more than 100 new additions and enhancements.
LiveTime Service Manager 5.5 continues continues to expand its global reach and appeal to large enterprises with its integrated approach to ITIL best practices, open standards, intuitive interface and embedded Configuration Management Database (CMDB). LiveTime is available as a virtual appliance, hardware appliance and traditional server software, servicing more than 10 million users around the globe.
About LiveTime Software
Headquartered in Newport Beach, California, LiveTime Software, Inc. is a vendor of Web 2.0, ITIL service management, help desk and support automation software for medium to large enterprises. Many global 2000 organizations and educational institutions use LiveTime’s vendor-neutral solutions to lower their costs and improve customer satisfaction. Founded in 1999, LiveTime Software is a privately held firm with offices in the United States, Australia and the United Kingdom. For more information visit www.livetime.com
ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce in the United Kingdom and other countries.
Related Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- LiveTime and Novell partner for Novell Service Desk
- LiveTime Offers Free Migration from SQL Server or Oracle to MySQL
- LiveTime 6.1 to support industry standard SAML and SAML 2 Single Sign-On (SSO) user authentication
- LiveTime Releases New SaaS based ITIL 3 Service Management and Help Desk
- LiveTime extends ITSM SaaS platform to Google App Engine and Amazon EC2 Cloud
Recent Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- London Cloud World Forum, June 26-27 2013
- The Kenton Group and Pbxwall Partner to Fight Toll Fraud in the UK
- Salesforce.com Signs Agreement to Establish European Data Centre in the U.K. in 2014
- Salesforce.com Launches Salesforce Communities – Ending the Era of Legacy Portal Software
- Salesforce.com Announces Euro 5 Million Innovation Challenge for European Start-ups Building on the Salesforce Platform
- Do you Remember Dreamforce Bands and Speakers?
- What is the Information Technology Infrastructure Library? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- HootSuite Boosts Social Media Management System with Premium Salesforce.com, Statigram and YouTube Apps
- The Impact of Cloud Technologies on IT Service Management (ITSM)
- CRM Top Priority for IT Spending in 2013-2014 for Enterprise Applications