LANDesk Certified on 14 ITIL V3 processes for IT Service Management
Confirms Global Best Practices for Service Desk Support
LONDON –– LANDesk Software, global leader in PC lifecycle management, endpoint protection and IT service management, today announced its LANDesk Service Desk solution has achieved PinkVERIFY status through Pink Elephant’s software certification scheme for all 14 processes that make up ITIL V3, the worldwide standard for IT service and support. LANDesk is only the third organisation worldwide to demonstrate all 14 of these ITIL capabilities, continuing to build upon its strong IT Service Management (ITSM) offerings driving ROI by providing best practices enabling better, more informed business decisions and simplified infrastructure management.
“Receiving Pink Verify certification for all 14 ITIL processes and with our growing list of additional IT certifications makes LANDesk’s Service Desk the right solution for every company, no matter what compliance requirements they are faced with,” said Steve Workman, vice president of product management, LANDesk Software. “By continuing to help our customers adopt the ITIL framework, we are helping them streamline IT processes, in turn reducing overall costs. It is our vision to be the worldwide industry standard for best practices in the IT service management sector and this new certification solidifies our leadership in the space.”
Developed by the UK government and used by thousands of organisations around the world, ITIL has become the de facto standard for IT best practices and assists organisations in providing the necessary framework for IT Service Management. In order to become certified, the LANDesk Service Desk suite successfully completed a rigorous testing period to ensure all of its processes are up to par with ITIL standards.
Troy DuMoulin, AVP of Product Strategy for Pink Elephant, acknowledges LANDesk’s status: “PinkVERIFY was created to help the IT community find software tools that are compatible within an ITIL environment. We put LANDesk through a rigorous assessment process to ensure its compatibility. Congratulations to the organisation for achieving this important status.”
Outstanding ITSM Made Easy
LANDesk Service Desk is a consolidated service desk solution that enables an organisation to deliver outstanding IT service to both employees and customers. The solution features all the core ITSM functionality expected from a market-leading service management software application, including ITIL verified; incident, problem, change and asset management; workflow; options for user and customer self service; knowledge-based systems and management reporting; as well as facilities to integrate with leading, independent business productivity applications.
LANDesk Service Desk is verified to meet the mandatory functional requirements for ITIL compatibility, which makes it the ideal solution for providers of IT service who are using or wish to introduce ITIL best practices.
To learn more about how LANDesk helps customers such as the Northern Ireland Civil Service with ITSM see a customer case study here.
LANDesk is attending the 14th Annual International IT Service Management Conference and Exhibition in Las Vegas February 21 – 24. To learn more about LANDesk’s integrated service management tools, please visit http://www.landesk.com/service-desk-software.aspx
About LANDesk Software
LANDesk Software is a leading provider of systems, security, IT service, and process management solutions for desktops, servers and mobile devices across the enterprise. LANDesk enables thousands of organisations to easily deploy and use end-to-end management solutions. LANDesk is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, with offices located in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, and can be found at www.landesk.com.
ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce in the United Kingdom and other countries.
Related Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- What is ITIL? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- LANDesk Software Finds IT Managers Not Yet Equipped to Handle Consumerization of the Workforce
- Service Desk Managers Are Overloaded
- ITIL® Can Help Companies Improve Storage Processes
- LANDesk Software Announces Management Automation Platform
Recent Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- London Cloud World Forum, June 26-27 2013
- The Kenton Group and Pbxwall Partner to Fight Toll Fraud in the UK
- Salesforce.com Signs Agreement to Establish European Data Centre in the U.K. in 2014
- Salesforce.com Launches Salesforce Communities – Ending the Era of Legacy Portal Software
- Salesforce.com Announces Euro 5 Million Innovation Challenge for European Start-ups Building on the Salesforce Platform
- Do you Remember Dreamforce Bands and Speakers?
- What is the Information Technology Infrastructure Library? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- HootSuite Boosts Social Media Management System with Premium Salesforce.com, Statigram and YouTube Apps
- The Impact of Cloud Technologies on IT Service Management (ITSM)
- CRM Top Priority for IT Spending in 2013-2014 for Enterprise Applications