Help desk software is an application offered by companies, through which customers can access their technical support services. These programs not only offer customers with background and technical information of the organization and its services, these solutions also forward customer service requests and alerts the right agents via intranet.
Similarly, the application can be used by the technical staff to access emails and follow-up customers with a variety of follow-through techniques. The best feature of help desk software is that it allows the access to the database that logs solutions.
A core and vital part of a successful business, the script is the place where problems are reported and managed. A quality software can easily work in cooperation of existing software and design. Most help desk software have a live chat feature that can be used to interact with customers.
Presently, a large number of companies are using remote access programs to handle technical problems. Software such as Microsoft Remote Desktop, BOSSAssist, IBM Tivoli, PcAnywhere and Dameware are just a few of the many such programs that can handle support service issues.
Some scripts that are available:
SysAid is a software suit of web based It management, that has simple interface, varied features and easy to install and maintain. The software is well programmed and can easily automate processes for help desk, hardware configurations, asset monitoring, software licenses, tasks, and projects.
The SysAid software can easily bond with the private network, offering necessary IP details and control on each machine connected in the technical service network.
The software also centralizes data in a database, offering service request history and response logs. Overall, the software offers software and hardware inventory in a single, easily accessible, user-friendly web interface.
* Offer forms for service requests
* Sort, classify and modulate service requests according to priority.
* Print reports on the call logs and performances of the program.
* Efficient usage and communication via Email, SMS, and instant messages
* Cooperative features such as escalation, automatic notifications, a knowledge base
* Management and monitoring of organization inventory and confidential files
* A variety of interfaces in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Hebrew free online support, patches and updates for six months.
2. Liberum Help Desk
This script was created for small time or medium sized businesses and organizations. The software involves a more graphical interface, which is simple and easy to use. The software can easily administer and track technical support problems.
Besides, being open sourced, the base code can be easily customized and modified under the GPL license. The base code is written in HTML, ASP code and runs on the Windows NT/2000/XP.
Key features of the Help Desk software:
* The software process is online and web-based
* Email and Inbox facility available
* The presence of Windows authentication offers more accessible database
* The software has built-in reporting to keep track of support reps