Forums, Blogs and Wikis can Help Businesses Save Costs and Optimize Processes
United Planet implements Web 2.0 technologies as part of its Enterprise Portal to help businesses increase efficiency during the current economic climate
London – United Planet (www.unitedplanet.com), one of the leading developers of Enterprise Portal software in Europe, has highlighted the importance of efficient information management and sound internal communications for all small to medium sized businesses (SMBs) during the current economic downturn.
Forward-looking Enterprise Portals now incorporate Web 2.0 applications such as forums, blogs and wikis which play a vital role in saving costs and optimising work processes. They do this by improving internal knowledge management and enhancing communication between part-time, shift and remote workers at a time when businesses are striving to work ‘harder, smarter and leaner’ than ever before.
The range of applications now available on Enterprise Portals – from IT support blogs and project-related wikis to knowledge-transfer blogs – all have the potential to store and share business critical information between employees regardless of their location, working hours, appointment schedule or sickness/ vacation entitlement.
Businesses can benefit from:
- posting status updates or interactions with customers in a blog which is made available on an Enterprise Portal for colleagues to view immediately. This could provide a business with the ability to rapidly fulfil orders or to immediately initiate action regarding a dissatisfied customer.
- posting past experience and personal information on a wiki. This sharing of information could, for example, help employees to compile a perfect pitch to win a new contract – even if the employee posting his experience is unable to personally contribute to the document.
- sharing information or providing advice to colleagues in a forum. This could help to increase productivity by allowing new ideas to be discussed instantaneously and developed collectively.
- enhancing communications across multiple locations. A web-based portal solution enables companies to distribute information and encourage teamwork, fast.
Alexander Marsch, managing director, United Planet Limited, said: “Enterprise Portals make a vital contribution towards efficient information and document management within an organisation but they can also make a real impact on internal communications. They help companies speed up communication between employees and share business critical knowledge and information, irrespective of their location. With minimal investment, Enterprise Portals can help companies to save costs, optimise work processes and fulfil their own economic potential.”
About United Planet
United Planet is one of the leading developers of Enterprise Portals in Europe. Its Java based, standard software, Intrexx Xtreme, enables companies to create out-of-the-box Enterprise Portals, Intranets and Web Applications cost effectively, without the need for programming by using ‘drag and drop’ technology and pre-created solutions for quality management, document management and process management to optimise internal workflow. Intrexx Xtreme runs on Windows as well as on Linux and Sun Solaris, and incorporates several Business Adapters to ensure that third-party data from Microsoft, Lotus Notes and other ERP solutions can be easily integrated in the Intrexx Portal. United Planet is headquartered in Freiburg in Germany and also has offices in Windsor in the UK. The company is supported by over 100 Business Partners worldwide.
For further information, please contact:
Mel Oxford/Andrea Burton
T: 07515 632065 / 01985 850320
Related Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- Zoho Welcomes Google Apps Users to Try Zoho Business Apps
- Zoho Receives a 2009 “Webware 100″ Award for Productivity
- Zoho Releases Zoho Projects 2.0
- InfoWorld Honors Zoho With 2009 Technology of the Year Award
- Zoho Invites Salesforce.com Users to Zwitch
Recent Articles on CRM Help Desk Software.com
- London Cloud World Forum, June 26-27 2013
- The Kenton Group and Pbxwall Partner to Fight Toll Fraud in the UK
- Salesforce.com Signs Agreement to Establish European Data Centre in the U.K. in 2014
- Salesforce.com Launches Salesforce Communities – Ending the Era of Legacy Portal Software
- Salesforce.com Announces Euro 5 Million Innovation Challenge for European Start-ups Building on the Salesforce Platform
- Do you Remember Dreamforce Bands and Speakers?
- What is the Information Technology Infrastructure Library? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- HootSuite Boosts Social Media Management System with Premium Salesforce.com, Statigram and YouTube Apps
- The Impact of Cloud Technologies on IT Service Management (ITSM)
- CRM Top Priority for IT Spending in 2013-2014 for Enterprise Applications