New Fully Federated CMDB Simplifies Planning and Managing IT Change
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif., FireScope, a leading developer of Business Service Management software that offers a real-time view of the business impact of IT Operations, today announced the availability of a new configuration management database (CMDB) in their family of IT service management suite of products. The fully federated CMDB, built from the ground up to deliver a consistent “truth” of infrastructure configuration and asset management, enables corporate IT professionals to realize a predictable, structured approach to IT projects and day-to-day management of operations.
“Most IT service outages are caused by misconfigured systems that are largely due to organizations that have little to no consistency documenting the configuration of their infrastructure,” said Mark Lynd, President of FireScope. “As technology deployments continue to increase in complexity and scope, the need for a single repository and single format to track IT configuration information as it evolves is absolutely essential to ensure enterprise security and performance, and influence positive business outcomes.”
FireScope’s line of IT Service Management products provides businesses with a single, real-time view into the business impact of their entire IT infrastructure. Using FireScope’s new CMDB, IT organizations gain real-time visualization and documentation of their infrastructure along with a complete view of the interrelationships of the software and systems impacting those operations to quickly identify and react to changes across the enterprise, as well as to predict performance, availability, security and compliance issues before changes are deployed. FireScope CMDB enables IT managers to control information and data exchange between critical business systems and processes to mitigate the risk of unwanted or uncontrolled activities that can negatively impact the business. Coupled with FireScope’s business intelligence engine, CMDB is a simple and effective way to visually plan and manage mission critical operations.
- Object-oriented architecture delivers maximum flexibility to model IT infrastructure according to the unique needs of any organization
- Fully federated to integrate seamlessly with existing CMDB’s, ITSM solutions, asset management applications or ERP solutions
- Configurable discovery system rapidly populates the CMDB and ensures data validity
- Attribute-level archiving of all configuration changes for a complete history and archive of relationships
- Flash-based mind map to visually trace asset relationships, enabling IT operators to drill down through their infrastructure and increase awareness of service dependencies
- Intuitive change management system that enables organizations to pre-flight changes and identify potential points of failure, optimize back out plans and predict business impact
- Conforms to ITIL v3 and CoBIT best practices
- Built-in workflow and business process automation to simplify asset management.
FireScope, Inc. offers a pioneering Business Service Management (BSM) solution that is revolutionizing how businesses conduct IT operations. The single-solution product, built from industry-proven open-source software is integrated into an easy to use, Web-based dashboard and provides actionable business intelligence on how IT operations is contributing to business goals. FireScope aggregates information from any number of networked assets and includes collaboration tools and a flexible real-time analytics engine. FireScope, Inc. is headquartered in Huntington Beach, California. To learn more about FireScope and its advanced BSM solutions, visit http://www.firescope.com.
FireScope is a trademark of FireScope, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE FireScope, Inc.