Join us at this cloud computing virtual workshop for developers, professors, students, and ISVs who are looking to jumpstart their skills to build Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings. Hear why selecting a combination of industry-leading IBM software running on Amazon Web Services (AWS) allows you to focus all your resources on designing and distributing innovative applications.
This event will have live presentations, chats, and hands-on labs featuring IBM and AWS experts who will demonstrate products that you can use to create applications through cloud computing that help deliver real business value.
The IBM Development Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) are ready to run in Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) with Novell® SuSE Linux and these products:
- Informix Dynamic Server
- Lotus Mashup Center
- Lotus Forms Turbo
- WebSphere Portal Server and Lotus Web Content Management Standard Edition
- WebSphere Application Server
- WebSphere eXtreme Scale
- WebSphere sMash
What you will discover by attending:
- Helpful skill building activities you can complete prior to the event
- Why you will save money and hassle when you use IBM software in the AWS cloud
- How to configure, customize and save AMIs with preloaded IBM software for your development, test, and evaluation purposes
- How to bundle AMIs with preloaded IBM software to create situational applications
- How to launch and manage virtual servers
- Opportunities for you to engage in the IBM and AWS cloud communities, including the ability to network with colleagues, post files, and share successes
- You should have a general understanding of the technologies involved in Web-based computing.
- To participate in any of the hands on labs, you must set up an AWS account in advance of the session and sign up for Amazon EC2 at http://aws.amazon.com/ec2. You will be asked for a valid credit card number as part of the registration process.
The AWS services that you consume during the labs will be no cost to you if you use the special coupon code that we provide during the workshop, shut down the virtual servers, and remove any data that you stored in the cloud as part of the lab. We recommend that you shut down the lab resources because any remaining resources will be billed at normal rates after the event.
To enroll, select the desired date and location below. There is no charge to attend.
01 Oct 2009 , Virtual workshop (10:00 a.m. – 06:00 p.m. eastern time)